Selecting a ring for your beloved for that ultimate romantic proposal isn’t the easiest thing. Men often get confused with engagement rings, because there are a wide range of choices, and each of the designs can be as different as chalk and cheese. In this post, we bring some really easy tips that will come in handy.
- Budget it. You don’t have millions to spend and that’s completely okay, but having a budget is the best way to narrow down the choices. You may end up spending a tad more, which is okay, but have a price in mind.
- Consider a customized ring. There’s always the choice to buy a customized ring. Over the years, demand for handmade engagement rings has increased, and you can get one easily without paying a fortune.
- Diamond should be your first choice. While many couples settle for alternatives, diamond is the traditional choice for engagements and weddings. You can get a ring from any known jeweler, or can choose to buy a loose diamond, which can be set in the ring design of your choice.
- Research well. If you are looking for diamonds, find more on the 4 Cs – cut, clarity, color and carat. There are many guides online on how you can check the value of diamonds, so follow those and understand if the stone is worth it.
- Don’t settle for the mundane. While a classic diamond ring is always worthy of an engagement, you may want to consider some of the more unique diamond colors and styles. Did you know you could buy engagement ring with a champagne green diamond on the top?
- Always work with a known merchant. For diamonds and engagement rings, the merchant or seller makes a big difference, because you have to rely on them for evaluation. Spend a bit more, but get a certified diamond from a trusted merchant.
- Finally, don’t forget to compare. You don’t have to buy or agree to the first engagement ring that you see, so shop around. It is better to find diamond sellers who can customize designs, but yes, that can cost a tad more.
With engagement rings, the idea is to consider what your girl would love and like. Think of her personal preferences, and if needed, you can always ask for hints from people who know her. It’s your engagement, so don’t shy away from splurging!